Prestigious Fortune 500 Firm is seeking a Senior Telecommunications Engineer with strong UCEE experience. This role performs and may lead complex engineering activities associated with one or more technical areas within the telecom function (such as network design, engineering, implementation or operations and user support). Performs as the subject matter expert on Telecommunications issues. Leads and performs complex tasks relating to telecom network operations, installation and maintenance for telecommunications service offerings through the application of business and technical skills. Performs and may lead administration and support for telecom service requests received via service tickets. Performs, installs, moves, adds, and changes (IMAC), handling complex issues. This role configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots telecommunications network components of a complex nature to provide a secure, high performance network, including services for core LAN/WAN, VOIP(Voice Over Internet Protocol), QOS (Quality of Service, COS (Class of Service, VLAN's Virtual Local Area Network, SBC's (Session Border Controller) and Sip[ (session Initiated Protocol. Ensures the coordination, review, and performance of repair services in emergency situations.
Resolves important/complicated telecommunications problems. This role plans and implements changes to the system, troubleshoots problems in the network, analyzes costs and volume of traffic on the system and informs personnel of the capabilities of the system. Performs implementation of telephony solutions and project plans through the use of applications, which may include Cisco Call Manager, Unity voice Mail, Cisco emergency Responder in a UCS and non-UCS environment. Works with users to analyze feasibility, costs, time and resources needed to add functionality to the platform. This role interprets network alert and performance management tool output to properly engineer the capacity and resiliency of the UC (Unified communications portion of the VOIP network.
Performs and implements assignments that impact important/complicated components/processes of the specified functional area of the Technology operation. Operates under general direction and may provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to more junior Engineers and Analysts. Work is received in short- and mid-term assignments that are important/complicated undertakings and regularly require the application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of approved methods
- Actively participates in the daily operational activities that impact important components/processes of the of the IT work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Execution of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features.
- Development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features.
- Development of processes and interface requirements.
- Data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes. Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analysing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience working with Voice Communications Systems.
- Experience in configuration and provisioning of Cisco Call Manager, Unity, IOS Gateway and CUSP (Cisco Unified Sip Proxy - SIP PROXY), in a SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) environment.
- Knowledge of the practices and principles of telecommunication systems analysis, planning, design, and problem resolution.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems